Studying in USA is the dream of almost every student. If you want to continue your education life in America or to attend a language course for a short period of time, you must meet the following conditions.


There are 3 types of student visas for education in USA.

USA Student Visa Types

1. F1 Student Visa

• Students who apply for a program that requires more than 18 hours of training per week receive an F1 visa. This includes MS, MBA, etc. as well as all degree programs. also includes graduate programs.

• Spouses or children who will receive an F-1 visa will travel on an F-2 visa. Please note that spouses cannot work, but may accompany and / or apply for their own visa to work or study in the USA.

2. J1 Visitor Exchange Visa

J-1 Visitor Exchange Visa is for students who follow an exchange program, students visiting scholarships or lecturers.

The J1 visa is usually sought by a professional who goes to USA on an exchange program, so called a Visitor Exchange Visa. These include a 10-month vocational training or some research scholarships, etc. can take place. Whatever the case, this visa type can be obtained by notifying applicants by the same institutions.

Spouses or children may accompany J-1 visa holders on a J-2 visa. Note that spouses can work when permission is obtained in advance.

3. M-1 Vocational / Non-Academic Student Visa

The M1 visa is a student visa reserved for vocational and technical schools. While the process is similar to a F1 visa, the difference is that at the entrance, M1 visas are timestamped and students cannot stay too long.


A student visa requires much more conditions and documents than a tourist visa. You need mandatory documents as well as supporting documents of financial and academic records. Here are the documents you need to prepare before going to the consulate for a visa interview.

• A valid passport with a valid date at least six months after your stay.
• Printed copy of the online application form DS-160
• Interview appointment letter (original and photocopy)
• I-20 Form (the place where you will receive education), also called the Letter of Acceptance,
• Visa fee payment confirmation receipt

At least three-year bank statement showing that you have sufficient assets to pay for the first year (may be a parent or foster guardian. If they are not convinced of payment, they can request additional income documents.)

• Payment slips
• Original training notes, transcripts, student documents
• TOEFL, GMAT, IELTS, etc. exam notes like
• Visa Request Petition
• 2 biometric photos
• For example the population Register
• Birth certificate.